Bars, clubs warned: Follow the minimum health protocols

The Cebu City Police Bureau (CCPO) will ask the Cebu City Government to issue notices to bars and clubs on Mango Avenue that do not meet the minimum health protocols required under Alert Level 2.

During the “Oplan Bulabog” mobile patrol conducted by the authorities on Friday and Saturday March 5-6, 2022, the CCPO observed that people were thronging Mango Avenue and it seems that they are no longer afraid of the virus. .

Despite Mayor Michael Rama’s executive order allowing unlimited alcohol service after curfew hours are lifted, drinking establishments are still required to limit the number of customers to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus. 19.

Under Alert Level 2, karaoke bars, clubs and other drinking establishments are allowed to operate at 50% indoor capacity and 70% outdoor capacity for fully vaccinated customers.

Employees of these establishments must also be vaccinated.

Lt. Col. Wilbert Parilla, CCPO’s deputy director of operations, said the Abellana 2 police station had already listed those who violated the order.

The list will be forwarded to the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) led by Councilor Joel Garganera for the latter to rule on the matter.

“They will be monitoring and documenting establishments that are violating, for now only the breaching of establishments is more about capacity because we don’t have a curfew,” Parilla said.

Parilla added that due to the increasing number of people leaving and entering bars at night, the police can only suggest that the EOC give the misleading establishments an ultimatum.

“Just like what we’ve done before, in which the EOC will give offending establishments an ultimatum, so the next time they violate, they’ll be disciplined or have their business licenses suspended by the Bureau. business permits and licenses,” Parilla added.

“We are once again informing the public that although the alert level in Cebu City has been lowered, the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) is still here,” Parilla said.

Amid the downgrading of the alert level, the CCPO will continue to enforce the wearing of face masks and social distancing. (AYB, TPT)

Comments are closed.